With increasing number of women choosing to travel alone, they expect to receive the equal liberties. However, some of the countries are considered a bit unsafe for the lone female travellers. If you are a travel freak and thinking about traveling in a foreign country all alone, here are some extra measures that can make your trip fun and safe:
- Planning female trip– Since travellers wish to relax and enjoy during their trips, it is best to plan it ahead. Gather all the requisite information from the internet and travel guides and plan the trip accordingly. You can make all your bookings in advance including accommodation, transportation and even local sightseeing.
- Packing– Always pack light when you are travelling alone, as most of the airlines have a baggage restriction. Moreover, it may become difficult to dwell around places with a heavy backpack. Try wearing outfits that are comfortable, as you may have to walk and run, as there are long ways in some airports, you could regret those killer heels. A mix and match selection of garments are best for a holiday trip.
- Security– Losing your personal or valuable belongings during the trip can spoil your holiday mood entirely. For this reason, it is best to opt for a good travel insurance policy. Always carry your money, documents and passport in your handbag.
- Avoid danger zones– Danger zones are the places that are more prone to vulnerable attacks, thefts and pick-pockets. If the place seems to be a bit unsafe and less crowdy, try opting for public transportation and avoid taxicabs. Always be confident in your approach and do not pass signs of provocation and encouragement. Don’t go out alone at night and avoid dark alleys.
- Be aware of the surroundings– Always use Google maps to find the destinations and choose routes that are more crowded. Do not ask for directions from strangers, perhaps it is best to look for an authority for assistance.
Robbery, eve teasing and mugging is the main concern for most of the female travellers all around the globe. There are various ways to avoid this problem, and it is important to adopt all the necessary measures to avoid putting yourself in dangerous circumstances.